Who are Beeks
Cloud computing is crucial to Capital Markets and finance.
Beeks Group is a leading managed cloud provider exclusively within this fast-moving sector. Our Infrastructure-as-a-Service model is optimised for low-latency private cloud compute, connectivity and analytics, providing the flexibility to deploy and connect to exchanges, trading venues and public cloud for a true hybrid cloud experience.
Founded in 2011, Beeks Group is listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE: BKS) and has enjoyed continued growth each year. Beeks Group now employs over 100 team members across the globe.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Engineer to join us at our unique Head Office in Renfrew which includes our state-of-the-art gym with weekly circuit training, a personal trainer and yoga classes as well as the Beeks Bar or weekly masseuse to help you unwind!
This role will offer the right candidates the opportunity to not only become a shareholder in the business as we shape the business through a transformational stage of its evolution.
The Development Team
You would be joining an established development department made up of several squads and multiple disciplines and at the same time working alongside other departments in achieving cross department goals.
The development team at this current time consists of:
- Engineering Managers
- Business Analysts
- QA Engineers
- Network Engineers
- System Administrators
- Agile Delivery Manager
- UI/UX Designer
Our Current Stack:
- Python, Django
- Celery, Redis, RabbitMQ
- KVM, vCenter, Kubernetes, Docker, Open Nebula
The Role And you:
We are looking for someone with several years of commercial industry experience who likes to keep up with the latest technology and is comfortable picking up new tools and experimenting. You would be working within our tooling and platforming team that looks to improve our backend inventory systems, automation engine and network monitoring to mention a few.
We adopt many agile approaches and would be beneficial if you have experience with Sprints, Planning, Refinement, Three Amigos, Backlog Grooming, Retrospectives to name a few.
- Implement new features.
- React to support requests.
- Code Review others code.
- Proactively identify tech debt and brainstorm solutions
- Prototype new initiatives
Hands on Experience of any of the following would be advantageous
- Unit testing & mocking experience,
- Understanding of cloud computing (Virtual Machines, Hosts, Clusters etc)
- Knowledge of commercial networking (Firewalls, Switches)
- Terraform, Ansible
What you will find:
- Ability to influence our development methodology and project tracking
- Encouragement to introduce your favourite technologies and tools to push the team forward
- Wide variety of projects and technologies
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Share option scheme – an opportunity to have a tangible financial stake in the work that you do.
- Flexible Work Hours.
- Life cover (4 x salary)
- Training Allowance
- A very casual work environment.
- 33 days annual leave (including 8 bank holidays)
- Hybrid working pattern home/office (an average of 3 days a week in the office for local candidates)
- Private Health Insurance including dental.
- On-site gym and PT Sessions
- Weekly yoga session
- On-site massage therapist
- Free fruit
- 15-20min Screening Call
- ~1hr Technical Interview
- Offer issued and start date agreed
This is a Full-Time position
We are an Equal opportunity employer