Who are Beeks?
Cloud computing is crucial to Capital Markets and finance.
Beeks Group is a leading managed cloud provider exclusively within this fast-moving sector. Our Infrastructure-as-a-Service model is optimised for low-latency private cloud compute, connectivity, and analytics, providing the flexibility to deploy and connect to exchanges, trading venues and public cloud for a true hybrid cloud experience.
Founded in 2011, Beeks Group is listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE: BKS) and has enjoyed continued growth each year. Beeks Group now employs over 100 team members across the globe.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Engineer to join us at our unique Head Office in Renfrew which includes our state-of-the-art gym with weekly circuit training, a personal trainer and yoga classes as well as the Beeks Bar or weekly masseuse to help you unwind!
This role will offer the right candidates the opportunity to not only become a shareholder in the business as we shape the business through a transformational stage of its evolution.
You will be part of a team of technical experts managing Beeks Groups network. You will be responsible for assisting with the technical delivery to all Beeks customers and network services.
Some of the duties involved are:
- Work closely with the Operations Manager and Design Team to ensure that we maintain high service levels and uptime for all clients.
- Liaise with internal/external customers to understand technical requirements and resolve issues as quickly as possible and with minimum customer impact.
- Work as part of a 24x7shift rota in line with business requirements (generous rota uplifts attached).
- Provision new services for Beeks customers (servers, firewalls, GRE tunnels, etc.).
- Follow change control procedures and submit/defend changes to the weekly Change Advisory Board (CAB).
- Investigate and diagnose network related incidents reported by customers, and liaise with transit providers/cross connect peers if necessary.
- Analyse and upgrade network resources where required. This includes router/switch upgrades, uplink upgrades, provisioning new point of presence locations.
- Deploy and maintain BGP sessions on trading, WAN and public network infrastructure.
- Manage the upstream traffic commit to make sure the bandwidth overage charges are minimised.
Key Results / Objectives:
- Maintain uptime for the Beeks network.
- Respond to customer queries in a timely manner adhering to contracted SLAs.
- Minimise unplanned outages by following change control procedures.
- Manage incidents where applicable and liaise with affected clients until fully resolved.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and maintain continuous professional development in line with company aims.
- Juniper Hardware and Software
- Linux IPtables
- Arista Switches
- Windows Server 2012 onwards
- Centos7+ installations
- Network Routing Protocols
- Degree in Networking or appropriate related subject
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Share option scheme – an opportunity to have a tangible financial stake in the work that you do.
- Life cover (4 x salary)
- Training Allowance
- A casual work environment.
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of 8 bank holidays)
- Shift work (including night working from home)
- Private Health Insurance including dental.
- On-site gym and PT Sessions
- Weekly yoga session
- On-site massage therapist
- Free fruit
This is a full-time position
Must live within commuting distance of Renfrew
We are an Equal opportunity employer
- Glasgow Office
- Employment type
A unique and rewarding share options scheme
Flexible work schedule
Hybrid working - 2 days at home / 3 days in the office
Private healthcare (including dental)
Group life cover (4 x salary)
Company pension scheme
Generous training budget
Employee referral scheme
Onsite gym with PT and yoga sessions weekly
About Beeks Group
Beeks help companies build, connect and analyse in the financial markets.
Our purpose is to provide a global, rapid deployment service using secure, scalable environments optimised for capital markets and financial services, without the need for long-term contracts or commitments.
Our vision is to empower our clients to work with speed and agility, no matter the size of their business.
Loading application form
Already working at Beeks Group?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.