Who are Beeks
Cloud computing is crucial to Capital Markets and finance.
Beeks Group is a leading managed cloud provider exclusively within this fast-moving sector. Our Infrastructure-as-a-Service model is optimised for low-latency private cloud compute, connectivity and analytics, providing the flexibility to deploy and connect to exchanges, trading venues and public cloud for a true hybrid cloud experience.
Founded in 2011, Beeks Group is listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE: BKS) and has enjoyed continued growth each year. Beeks Group now employs over 100 team members across the globe. We have an international network of over twenty data centres.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Administrator to join us at our unique Head Office in Renfrew which includes our state-of-the-art gym with weekly circuit training, a personal trainer and yoga classes as well as the Beeks Bar or weekly masseuse to help you unwind!
This role will offer the right candidates the opportunity to not only become a shareholder in the business as we shape the business through a transformational stage of its evolution.
About the role
The position would ideally suit an experienced Systems Administrator with comprehensive knowledge of Linux & Windows based operating systems including RHEL, Alma, Rocky, CentOS, Ubuntu, and Windows Server. Experience using automation tooling (e.g. Ansible/ Puppet) for software deployments, patching, and configuration changes at scale is essential. Exposure to cloud platforms (Azure) and other virtualisation platforms (VMware) would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will join the System Administrators team within the business, the goal of which is to oversee and maintain Beeks’ global infrastructure, and provide system support for the Security, Network Operations and Development teams.
This will be a varied and exciting role for the correct individual who is willing to contribute positively to the success of the company.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage Windows & Linux server estate, providing system maintenance, software deployments, patching, and configurations changes.
- Creating and maintaining automation playbooks to manage server infrastructure.
- Collaborate with our developers on maintaining a distributed, multi-server system and organising failover and backups.
- Produce and maintain system documentation as an ongoing process within specific projects.
- Collaborate with the information security team on engineering activities including system hardening, incident investigation and detection rule logic.
- Provide L3 support for server issues.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field OR 3 years of Systems Administration experience 5+ years of professional experience in a Systems Administrator role or similar.
- Experience maintaining varied Windows & Linux systems.
- Experience with automating software deployments, patching, and configurations at scale. (Ansible / Puppet) Ability and desire to learn new skills and technologies are essential.
- Excellent communication skills – this role requires working closely with multiple teams.
Desirable but not Essential
- Experience managing public and private infrastructure in Azure Arc. Experience maintaining a VMWare based virtualization solution.
- Confidence working with customers on bespoke Linux requirements.
- Container management – e.g., Docker Terraform / Infrastructure as Code experience
- Being able to Plan and organise workload effectively
- Attention to detail Problem solving skills
- Communication skills
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Share option scheme – an opportunity to have a tangible financial stake in the work that you do.
- Flexible Work Hours.
- Life cover (4 x salary)
- Training Allowance
- A casual work environment.33 days annual leave (including 8 bank holidays)
- Hybrid working pattern home/office (an average of 3 days a week in the office for local candidates)
- Private Health Insurance including dental.
- On-site gym and PT Sessions
- Weekly yoga session
- On-site massage therapist
- Free fruit
- 15-20min Screening Call
- ~1hr Technical Interview
- Offer issued and start date agreed
This is a full-time position
We are an Equal opportunity employer
- IT OPS
- Glasgow Office
A unique and rewarding share options scheme
Flexible work schedule
Hybrid working - 2 days at home / 3 days in the office
Private healthcare (including dental)
Group life cover (4 x salary)
Company pension scheme
Generous training budget
Employee referral scheme
Onsite gym with PT and yoga sessions weekly
About Beeks Group
Beeks help companies build, connect and analyse in the financial markets.
Our purpose is to provide a global, rapid deployment service using secure, scalable environments optimised for capital markets and financial services, without the need for long-term contracts or commitments.
Our vision is to empower our clients to work with speed and agility, no matter the size of their business.
Loading application form
Already working at Beeks Group?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.